News

Mitchell Apartment Fire Cause Determined

Mitchell Apartment Fire Cause Determined

Photo: clipart.com

The cause of an apartment fire on Tuesday night in Mitchell has been determined. The fire started in the bedroom of one of the children just before 11:30 Tuesday night at an apartment at 1700 North Wisconsin.  A nightstand table lamp had been turned on and placed in a closed plastic container. The heat buildup in the container ignited a fire in the room. The fire has been declared accidental.

Jeremy and Jessica Jacobson and their two children lived in the apartment. Jessica Jacobson and her two children were home at the time of the fire. They evacuated the apartment after being alerted by a smoke detector located in the hallway.  The apartment was deemed unsafe, and the American Red Cross is assisting the family with lodging.

The Mitchell Fire Department, Mitchell Ambulance, Mitchell Police Department, Davison County Sheriff’s Office, and the American Red Cross responded to last night’s fire.

Recent Headlines

in National

U.S., Cuba to restore diplomatic relations after 50 years

alangross

The major policy shift will end decades of hostile ties with the communist-ruled island.

in Entertainment

Brangelina hired a cyber security firm for their kids

brangelina

The "Tomb Raider" star and her husband are taking precautions to protect their six children as they grow up in a digital world.

in Entertainment

REVIEW: Final ‘Hobbit’ movie falls short of original trilogy

In this image released by Warner Bros. Pictures, Martin Freeman appears in a scene from the film, "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies."

This Christmas, Peter Jackson gives us the gift of his final trip to Middle Earth with The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.