We won’t see an ‘Anchorman 3’

We won’t see an ‘Anchorman 3’

NO MORE RON BURGUNDY: Adam McKay says the second "Anchorman" installment is the last. Photo: Associated Press

Director Adam McKay has ruled out plans to bring “Anchorman” back for another sequel.

Both the 2004 original and long-awaited 2013 follow-up were hits at the box office, bringing in a combined total of nearly $260 million worldwide, but McKay is adamant there will be no more films starring Will Ferrell’s news broadcaster character Ron Burgundy.

He says tells Empire magazine, “It’s done. I think that’s it. It was great to do it and it was so fun to work with those guys again, but I think that’s it for Ron Burgundy.

“That’s the last sequel we’re gonna do. There’s nothing more fun to me than new characters and a new world.. No ‘Anchorman 3.'”

When asked if he might change his mind again, after previously dismissing the idea of a second movie, he replies, “I’m going to say definitely no. I’ll actually say it in this case!”

Recent Headlines

in National

Police arrest gunman after fatal siege at Colorado abortion clinic


Police arrested a gunman who stormed a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Colorado Springs.

in Black Friday, Lifestyle, National

Black Friday crowds thin in subdued start to holiday shopping


America's annual Black Friday shopping extravaganza was short on fireworks this year.

in Sports

The weekend sports schedule


From the Associated Press, here’s a look at some of this weekend’s major sporting events. All times are listed in…