Shooting wraps on final ‘Hunger Games’ installment

Shooting wraps on final ‘Hunger Games’ installment

CUE THE CREDITS: The cast of"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1," including actor Donald Sutherland, director Francis Lawrence, actors Liam Hemsworth, Jennifer Lawrence, Sam Clafin and Josh Hutcherson pose for photographers during a photo call for Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 at the 67th international film festival, Cannes, southern France, Saturday, May 17. Photo: Associated Press/Alastair Grant

“The Hunger Games” stars including Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson and Sam Claflin bid an emotional farewell to the franchise as filming on the final installment came to an end on Friday.

The cast of the blockbuster movie series shot their final scene for “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” in Europe and producer Nina Jacobson photographed a group hug between castmembers Lawrence, Harrelson, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth as the foursome said their goodbyes.

Claflin, who joined the cast for “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” last year, also expressed his thanks to his co-stars and fans of the book-to-big screen franchise.

He wrote, “I just want/need to express my many thanks to everyone (cast, crew & fans) who have worked so hard for so long to make The Hunger Games experience what it is. But for also trusting me enough to let me be part of it. I feel privileged, honored and so very lucky to have shared this opportunity with so many passionate & talented people. #dreamjob”

The final book of Suzanne Collins’ dystopian series, “Mockingjay,” has been split into two films, with the first premiering this November, and the fourth and final movie debuting in November, 2015.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

HOLIDAY TV: What to watch this week


This week is packed with programs to get you in the holiday spirit.

in Entertainment

Bono, Clooney, Kardashian part of all-star campaign for AIDS

FILE - In this March 2, 2014 file photo, Bono arrives at the Oscars at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. A New York City doctor says U2 singer Bono suffered multiple fractures and had to have two surgeries after his weekend bicycle accident. Orthopedic trauma surgeon Dr. Dean Lorich says Bono underwent a five-hour surgery on his elbow in which three plates and 18 screws were inserted on Sunday night. Bono had another surgery to repair a fracture to his left pinkie on Monday. Lorich says Bono will need therapy but a full recovery is expected.

Bono is a launching an all-star campaign featuring "once-in-a-lifetime experiences" like walking the red carpet with Meryl Streep or visiting the "Game of Thrones" set.

in Sports

Royals players get $370K bonus for World Series win


The World Series champion Kansas City Royals generously split up their Fall Classic players' pool haul of more than $25 million into 55 full shares worth $370,069 apiece, Major League baseball said on Monday.