News

Justin Bieber’s mom: ‘Pray for him’

Justin Bieber’s mom: ‘Pray for him’

PRAY FOR HIM: The Biebs' mom wants fans to help her son. Photo: Associated Press

Justin Bieber’s mother has urged fans not to condemn the singer for his bad behavior and asked them to pray for him instead.

The teenage pop star was back in the news this month after he was accused of pelting a neighbor’s house with eggs, and his rapper friend Lil Za was arrested on suspicion of drug possession following a police raid on the singer’s California home.

Bieber’s mother, Pattie Mallette, has now spoken out about her son’s troubles, insisting the public should not criticise the 19-year-old if he appears to be struggling.

In quotes published by Britain’s The Sun newspaper, Mallette says, “I think so many people go into the entertainment industry with amazing Christian roots and they go in with the right morals and they get influenced somehow… I ask that people keep me and Justin in their minds. I pray for him every day… If Justin’s struggling, don’t kick him when he’s down or condemn him – pray for him.”

The news comes just a day after Bieber reportedly spent a massive $75,000 during a night out at a strip club in Miami, Florida.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: Dec. 19

Fresh
dolly

A look back at some of Hollywood's most memorable headlines.

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.