News

Flatulent cows spark fire at dairy farm

Flatulent cows spark fire at dairy farm

GASSY COWS: A German dairy farm caught fire from some serious flatulence. Photo: clipart.com

BERLIN (Reuters) – Methane gas from 90 flatulent cows exploded in a German farm shed on Monday, damaging the roof and injuring one of the animals, police said.

High levels of the gas had built up in the structure in the central German town of Rasdorf, then “a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames,” the force said in a statement.

One cow was treated for burns, a police spokesman added.

(Reporting by Erik Kirschbaum; Editing by Andrew Heavens)

Recent Headlines

3 hours ago in Local

One Person Seriously Injured In Two-Vehicle Accident In Mitchell

hospital

Names have not been released of the drivers involved.

3 hours ago in Local

Medicaid Expansion In SD Could Be Easier Than Anticipated

ambulance

Officials should have a better idea next month.

3 hours ago in Local

Former Mitchell Mayor Paul Tobin Passes Away

corn palace

Tobin served as Mitchell's mayor from 1980 to 1986.