News

Browns fan accused of relieving himself on Art Modell’s grave

Browns fan accused of relieving himself on Art Modell’s grave

ART MODELL: Baltimore Ravens fans display a sign honoring former Ravens owner Art Modell before an NFL football game between the Ravens and the Cincinnati Bengals in Baltimore, Monday, Sept. 10, 2012. Modell died Sept. 6, 2012. Photo: Associated Press

TOWSON, Md. (AP) — Police say charges have been filed against a Cleveland Browns fan who is accused of urinating on the grave of former Baltimore Ravens owner Art Modell and posting a video of it on YouTube.

Modell died in 2012 at age 87 and is buried at a Pikesville, Maryland, cemetery. He spent 43 years as an NFL owner, overseeing the Browns from 1961 until he moved the team to Baltimore in 1996 to become the Ravens. The move left many Browns fans bitter.

Baltimore County Police said Tuesday that 61-year-old Paul S. Serbu of Franklin, Ohio, has been charged with disorderly conduct in a cemetery, a misdemeanor. A police news release describes him as a Browns fan.

Serbu could face up to two years in jail and a $500 fine.

A phone number for Serbu could not be found.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: Dec. 19

dolly

A look back at some of Hollywood's most memorable headlines.

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.