Local

Parkston Fire Ruled Accidental

Parkston Fire Ruled Accidental

The cause of Wednesday’s fatal fire in Parkston has been ruled accidental and electrical in nature.  The fire, which started around 2:30 Wednesday morning, claimed the life of 64 year old former art teacher Kathie Neal.  It started in the living room and spread to the rest of the house.

Recent Headlines

in Local

Longtime Mitchell High School Teacher Roger Allen Passes Away

Roger Allen

He died in Sioux Falls under hospice care on Friday.

in Local

Senate Candidates Hold Debate In Vermillion

capitol building

Topics included the EB-5 program, Congressional gridlock, and immigration reform.

in Local

South Dakota Voters To Decide On Deadwood Gambling Expansion

slots

Supporters say the new games would attract younger players.

in Local

MTI Foundation Receives Record-Setting Gift

MTI campus

Earl Nordby of Huron and his family donated $1 million dollars to the school.