Local

Fire At Hog Barn Near Parkston

Investigators believe electrical problems in a light fixture sparked a barn fire at a hog production facility.  The blaze broke out about 9 a.m. Sunday at Hillcrest Pork about four miles north of Parkston.  Firefighters put out the flames in about 45 minutes.  Three or four hogs were burned, but the injuries were not life-threatening.  No people were hurt.

Recent Headlines

in Local

Marciella Diaz has been sentenced to 80 years in prison

gavel

Marciella Diaz has been sentenced to 80 years in prison for her role in the killing of 15-year old Jasmine Guevara in 2009

in Local

Sanborn County Official Hoping For New Leads In Missing Woman Case

Rachel Lucille Cyriacks

32-year old Rachel Cyriaks of Woonsocket was last seen in Mitchell in November of 2013.

in Local

BAC Results Released For Man Killed In Mitchell Crash

police 3

Ryan McManus, 33, was killed in a car accident on March 14th.

in Local

Fischer Sentenced To More Than 30 Years In Prison

courtroom

The July 2013 accident killed two people.