Local

Fire At Hog Barn Near Parkston

Investigators believe electrical problems in a light fixture sparked a barn fire at a hog production facility.  The blaze broke out about 9 a.m. Sunday at Hillcrest Pork about four miles north of Parkston.  Firefighters put out the flames in about 45 minutes.  Three or four hogs were burned, but the injuries were not life-threatening.  No people were hurt.

Recent Headlines

in Local

Longtime Mitchell High School Teacher Roger Allen Passes Away

Roger Allen

He died in Sioux Falls under hospice care on Friday.

in Local

Senate Candidates Hold Debate In Vermillion

capitol building

Topics included the EB-5 program, Congressional gridlock, and immigration reform.

in Local

South Dakota Voters To Decide On Deadwood Gambling Expansion

slots

Supporters say the new games would attract younger players.

in Local

MTI Foundation Receives Record-Setting Gift

MTI campus

Earl Nordby of Huron and his family donated $1 million dollars to the school.