These are the rules governing all contests aired on KMIT radio and on the KMIT.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “KMIT” means:Saga Communications of South Dakota, LLC), which owns KMIT radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any KMIT contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on KMIT you must not have won anything on KMIT in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the KMIT studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a KMIT contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. KMIT reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the KMIT studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), KMIT delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as KMIT awarding the prize to the winner. KMIT shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. KMIT shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All KMIT contests are open to all eligible (Location here such as: South Dakota residents) 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to KMITthat will be presented to KMITand accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of KMIT: the Mitchell Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the KMITmain studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the KMIT studios, 501 South, Ohlman Street, Mitchell, SD, between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. KMIT reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12.KMIT, Saga Communications of South Dakota, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. KMIT,Saga Communications of South Dakota, LLC., its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, KMIT reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of KMIT management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. KMIT reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (605) 996-1751. The person operating the telephone at KMIT has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. KMITshall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Station’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on KMIT.com:
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the KMIT studios 501 South Ohlman Street, Mitchell, SD.